ABCs OF Pre-K
– If your child is going to be absent, a parent must call the school in the morning. When your child returns to school, he or she
have an absent note. Absent note slips will be provided by the school and are available on the school website.
– There will be a staff member in the gymnasium starting at 8:05 each morning. . For your child’s safety, please arrive earlier than 8:05 as there is no adult supervision in the gym before that time. When the bell rings at 8:20, the children will be brought into school. Students are considered late if they are not in line at 8:20.
– Our class will have Art with Mrs. Biscoe.
– Students should bring a backpack to school everyday. Please make sure the backpack is large enough to accommodate the take-home folder. Please mark your child's name inside his/her backpack.
- Please mark all belongings (backpack, lunch box, sweat shirt, etc.) with the first name and the last initial of the student.
– Pre-K birthdays are very special times. Children love to be the center of attention on their day. Because of the growing number of food allergies, school policy is no birthday treats are to be sent in. The birthday child will be recognized during morning announcements and in the classroom throughout the day. Summer birthdays are celebrated on the half-year birthday.
- N/A at this time.
- Please make weekly attendance at Mass a family priority. (good Luck :))
– Parent-Teacher conferences are scheduled during the first tri-mester. Each family is scheduled for a fifteen minute conference. This is the only scheduled conference for the year. However, conferences can be arranged any time the parent or teacher feels they are necessary.
– MPRCS has a before and after school program. Information regarding the CARES program can be found on the school website. Details can also be requested from the school office.
– School and community news that needs to be sent home will go home in the Communication Envelope. This goes home with the youngest child in the family at Mother of Providence. This system cuts down on the amount of paper that goes home to each family. The envelope goes home on the first day of the week. Please empty it, sign the front, and return it to school. Papers that need to be returned should be placed in the Take-Home Folder and not sent back in the Communication Envelope.
– Our class with have computer class with Mrs. Fredericks.
– Car riders will be dismissed from the side door of the gymnasium at 3p.m. Parents must be in the two lane car line to pick up students. The teachers will direct car line. Please Follow their leads. Please remain in your car with your name card visible to the teacher walking along side the cars. Half day students will also be dismissed at the side gym door. They can be picked up at 11:30a.m.
**** If there is a change in your child’s normal method of transportation at dismissal, a note
be sent into school. For example, your child is being picked up by someone else or your pick up list. I must have a note stating that change in writing. You can also send a text, but the note guarantees that I will know. Please use the School Notes that are provided by the school as small papers tend to slip out of the Take-Home Folder.
– If your child needs to leave early for an appointment or due to sickness, there are a few school procedures that must be followed. When you enter the school to pick your child up, you must first go to the office in the main building to sign your child out. The office will call down to the classroom and we will have your child packed up for dismissal. Texting me a reminder is also helpful.
– If an incident should occur, school will first contact the parents. If the parents cannot be reached, they will contact those people you have designated on the information sheet filled out in September. Be sure to update any phone number changes as needed throughout the year.
Occasionally minor accidents happen during the day. If I feel that a situation was handled properly, I will not call you at work. Examples: applied bandage, cleaned a cut or scrape.
– The Home And School Association organizes a number of programs that benefit both the school and the families of MPRCS. There are at least three membership meetings during the year. There are also many ways for parents to become involved at MPRCS through HASA.
– The students can purchase hot lunch and drinks for lunch.
– No jewelry is to be worn with the school uniform except for a cross or a religious medal. Earrings must be post-type earrings.
– A student is considered late if he is not in line in the school gymnasium at 8:20. If your child is late arriving to school, he must be signed in at the office. The student may come directly to the classroom, but the parent should go up to the office and sign the child in.
– Our class will have Library with Mrs. Jennings
– Daily medications will not be given by staff to studets. The only medications that are permitted in the main office are alliergy medications and Epi Pens. These two items are only to be used in an emergency. Please place it in a labeled Ziploc bag. Please contact Mrs. O'Brien in the main office with any questions.
– Our class will have P.E. with Mrs. Cotton.
– We will have a short snack every morning. Please send in a snack that your child can eat in a short period of time (five or ten minutes). Pre-K 3 will need a drink for snack and for lunch. There is an option of ordering a pretzel for snack. The pretzel order is for the upcoming month. If a pretzel is ordered, your child will receive a pretzel for snack every day for the next month. Please make sure your child will want that every day before ordering it. Please
pack your child’s snack with his lunch. Put it in a separate place in his backpack.
Star of the Week
- Each student will have the opportunity, over the course of the year, to be Star of the Week. The student's picture and info page gets hung up in the main hallway. Pictures may include, family, pets, favorite anything...Just have fun with it.
– This is a communication folder. This folder must be brought to school every day. Please make it a habit to check this folder everyday because it will contain work, notes and newsletters. The teacher will check this folder every morning, so please put notes, money, and anything that needs to be returned to school in the folder. When sending in money, please put the money in an envelope in the folder. Also, please mark the envelope with your child’s name and what the money is for.
Tattoos and Nail polish
– As per the school Student Handbook, no student is allowed to wear any tattoos or nail polish. If temporary tattoos or nail polish are applied over the weekend, please remove them before school.
– All Pre-kers should wear the school gym uniform on gym day. The other days of the week, the students may choose to wear either their gym uniform or their khakis/polos. The winter uniform is worn from October 15
to April 15
. Winter uniforms
have sweatpants, but a tee shirt is recommended under the sweatshirt as the classroom is often warm. Sneakers are part of the uniform. For safety and comfort please make sure your child wears sneakers.
– There are many opportunities to volunteer in both the school and the Pre-k classroom. It is Archdiocesan policy that all volunteers have clearances before they can work in the school. Please contact the office for a list of the clearances needed to volunteer. Parent involvement is a plus and we love when parents come into visit our classroom:)