The goal of MPRCS and this program is to provide an excellent education. One important aspect of this goal is to provide our faculty with tools to manage the delivery and assessment of curriculum to individual children. To do this, students need a dedicated device that can:
- Provide access to rich content (text, audio, video, and the online world of factual knowledge)
- Allow for space/time independence of learning (student can review, research, and explore content at their own pace and within the context of their lives)
- Assist students with executive functioning skills and communication tools
- Provide pragmatic productivity tools for production of student work and demonstration of understanding
- Prepare students for their future academic lives within the digital world as we now know it
Integrating new tools in education is a process that evolves over time. Our faculty continues to explore new instructional methods and applications that can be provided by this tool to enrich and enhance their lessons; and the students continue to learn how to manage their digital academic life.
Our expectation is that there will be steady development of new pedagogical techniques, utilizing the distinct advantages offered by the iPad. The ability to be instantly on, the small and light form factor that fits nicely with other materials on the desk, and long battery life—all contribute to an "education friendly" device. These features, coupled with the five bulleted points above and an excellent teacher, articulate a recipe for a powerful learning environment.